Since bringing baby home I’ve struggled to find time to do things for myself. This has certainly led me to feeling frustrated, and at times taking it out on my husband. Even with the new title of mom, I still have to have time for myself. This week we both have taken measures to take time for ourselves. So today I’m sharing the 5 things I’ve worked to do for myself this week.
- Paint your nails. Yes, they’re going to probably chip within a couple of hours. But for me painting my nails has always made me feel more put together. This is my favorite quick dry top coat.
- Take a long hot shower. Every evening my husband spends time with baby boy so I can take as long of a shower as I want. There’s no rush to shower quickly to check on baby because my fantastic husband has it all under control. I can even take the time to shave my legs!
- Play with your pets. Our poor dogs have been a little neglected since bringing baby home. I try to take a few minutes each day while baby is sleeping to give them some love. Plus, petting your dog or cat is a great stress reliever.
- Treat yourself. I received a lot of Starbucks gift cards for Christmas, so I don’t feel bad about buying an expensive cup of coffee for myself. I load little man up in the car and we go through the drive through. He sleeps the whole time, so I get a few moments of quiet and a nice beverage.
- Get out of the house. Since little man came home, I’ve run to the store by myself a couple of times, but haven’t really gone out. We had a staff holiday party and I was debating not going, but my husband encouraged me to get out of the house and visit with friends. I’m glad I went because it gave me a little time to enjoy being around other adults and moms.
Moms always put their families before themselves, but sometimes we need to put ourselves first so we don’t get burned out. What are some things you do to show some self love as a mom?