Anyone who has had the pleasure of talking with me in the past 24 hours has heard me complain about being ready for baby to come. I feel myself growing impatient and just wanting labor to begin so I can meet our little man.
I am one week out from my due date and up until this point I have absolutely loved being pregnant. I know I’ll miss these moments when it’s over, but right now I just really want it to be over. I’m uncomfortable most of the time and exerting ANY kind of energy is a huge struggle.
I’m trying not to drive my poor husband crazy and in the meantime keep my own sanity while waiting for labor to begin. Here’s how I’m occupying my time and maybe if you’re an expecting momma you can take some of these tips for yourself.
- Pack your hospital bags. Be sure to include things for yourself, baby, and husband. I found my favorite list here on Pinterest. I didn’t pack ALL of these items, but included most of them.
- Organize baby’s room. If you haven’t done so already. Hubs and I had a really fun time doing this together and he enjoyed getting to have some say in the process.
- Deep clean. UGH. Not my favorite, but every day after work I’ve picked one thing to work on cleaning because I know there will be NO time when baby arrives. Plus I just won’t want to do it.
- Prep the guest bedroom/bathroom. If you have guests coming to stay take some time to get their room prepped and make them feel welcome.
- Go for a walk. My poor pups have been stuck inside with the cold temperatures we’ve had in Texas. I know they would love to get outside, and the exercise would be healthy for me too.
- Take a bath. With epsom salts. Don’t let the bathwater get too hot, but take some time to soak your swollen feet. My favorite is the lavender scent!
- Get a pedicure. This one is on my weekend to do list. The foot massage will feel great, and it’ll help me to feel less like a gorilla with freshly groomed feet.
- Date night. My family is growing from 2 to 3. I need to enjoy this time with hubs while we have it because it will never be just us ever again.
- Shop for birth announcements. There are so many adorable birth announcements on Etsy. Lots of them are digital downloads. You can play around with them and have them mostly ready to quickly edit and send out when baby arrives.
- Take lots of naps. I’m trying to enjoy my “me time” while I can, and that included lots of naps. Nobody questions why you’re sleeping so much when you’re 9 months pregnant!
I’m trying my hardest not to obsess over every little twitch and cramp I feel while I wait. I know baby will come when he is ready, not a moment before. I just want to meet him.
What are some things you did while waiting for labor? Did you try to naturally induce labor to speed it up? I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time, xoxo