Packing my hospital bag was incredibly stressful. I’m not sure why, but I put WAY too much thought into what I would need and what could stay at home. We live less than 5 minutes from the hospital I’ll be delivering at, so in reality it would be no big deal for hubs to run home to grab something for me.
BUT, I finally put together a bag that we can grab in the moment and have everything we’ll need.
I love the look and feel of this bag, and it really holds a lot!
Here is a list of everything coming to the hospital with us:
- Toiletries- towel, shampoo, conditioner, toothbrush, toothpaste, facial wash, facial lotion. I found this cute little travel set at Target tonight that is also TSA approved for carry on liquids.
- Clothing- sweatpants, stretchy pants, baggy t-shirts, baggy tank tops, non-slip socks, house shoes, nursing bra, underwear
- Extras- headband, hair ties, nipple balm, nursing pads, nursing cover, contacts and solution, phone charger, Boppy nursing pillow and cover
- For baby- Baby boy’s things were packed in a diaper bag backpack my mom bought for us. I seriously love this thing and hubs likes that he can carry it and not look too feminine. Anyways, for him I packed: coming home outfit, scratch mittens, socks, hat, Swaddle Me swaddle blanket, a personalized blanket from my mom, pacifier, and baby book. I didn’t pack diapers or wipes because those will be provided at the hospital.
- One last thing- breast bump. I was advised by a friend to bring this along so the hospital lactation consultant can show me how to use it. Genius!
The only thing I need to pack is a small bag for hubs, but in all honesty he’ll probably throw some shirts and sweatpants into a bag as we’re walking out the door.
For my experienced momma’s, is there anything you took to the hospital that you needed that I didn’t include in my bag? I’d love to hear from you!
Until next time, xoxo